Tsutenkaku Tower stands at the center of Shinsekai in Naniwa-ku, Osaka and was
designated a registered tangible cultural property of Japan. The people in the
city admire the tower as a symbolic landmark, and it is one of Osakas most
well-known tourist attractions.
Thirteen years passed after the first Tsutenkaku Tower was destroyed by fire.
The people in Shinsekai felt something was missing, so the officials of the
neighborhood association set up an office to construct the new Tsutenkaku Tower
in 1954. In 1955, investments from the people of the city were utilized to
establish Tsutenkaku Kanko Co., Ltd., and the new Tsutenkaku Tower was built in
the same location.