Yokohama Marine Tower(106m)

Yokohama Marine Tower was opened in 1961 as a part of an event that commemorated the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Port of Yokohama to foreign trade. It aimed to become the symbol of the city of Yokohama. The tower functioned as a lighthouse, gently watching the port for almost 50 years, until its retirement on September 1, 2008. To commemorate the 150th anniversary of opening of the port to foreign trade, the tower was refurbished and born again as the new Yokohama Marine Tower. Visitors enjoy viewing the beautiful night views of Minato Mirai 21, Yokohama Bay Bridge, and a wharf called Honmokufuto from the observation platform where the entire port and city can be seen.

Official site
Address 15 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 231-0023
Operator ………
Completion Date January 15, 1961
Architect Shimizu Corporation
Structural type Steel-framed reinforced concrete construction, trussed girder-type self-supporting tower (lighthouse)
Purpose Tourism, viewing, communication antenna for boats
  • Yokohama Marine Tower
    15 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 231-0023
    +81-(0)45-664-1100